It's been a while, time to stretch those typing fingers

It's been too long since I've contributed to my blog and now would be a good time as any other. I looked at my prior saved blog items which I was going to write on / about and didn't quite post:

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-oracle-lawsuit-is-damaging-2014-5

and one more post about my time at Array Health in 2015 (bought by GetInsured)

Many changes happened in the course of my life. I was working full time at Array Health for about 10 months from January 2015 till October 2015 and while I was there I got a chance to dive into the complexity of the private healthcare marketplace. It was a very interesting place to work as the staff and people are truly professional and friendly and we keep it lighthearted. This is both my first introduction to both the healthcare industry and to the Pacific Northwest world of startups.

One of the most interesting projects I got a chance to work on was the Ancillary project which covered items like Vision, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, and Critical Illness insurance. It is always interesting to actually see and work and take pride in consumer facing products that some or many people will use, since for the most part, health benefits are part of their compensation package as a full time employee. I got a chance to learn up close and personal about both the cost and what all these nitty gritty details that people need to understand, in this world of complex and convoluted information related to healthcare benefits.

I did get a chance to learn a little bit of github (even though I opened an account back in 2012) and got my hands dirty with some c# based automation, although I didn't get a chance to deep dive and truly learn anything significant. I also had a chance to learn how to generate massive mocked user data from mockaroo. During my brief time there, I actually did get to meet wonderful and talented individuals who truly did care and worked hard while having fun and it was an interesting experience being a part of a startup.

We explored interesting facets related to the eCommerce aspect of Shopping, and it definitely opened up my eye to the paramount importance of security practices and being HIPAA compliant. In my opinion, I truly feel that the main thing when it comes to security is that attackers are really looking more for PII (Personally Identifiable Information) like your Social Security Number, full name, date of birth and address, because this is the gateway to being able to steal a person's identity and then open up fraudulent credit accounts and gaming the system.

I doubt a hacker would want your PHI (Protected Health Information) just to sell to someone / anyone so that they can then blackmail you, although this may not be far fetched if you think about it; if someone knew about the diseases that you may have and use that information against you to extort money / blackmail, hindering potential job opportunities, etc.

So all in all, this opens and closes the door to this exciting chapter of my career.

Comments

Popular Posts