Flashed the HTC HD2 T-Mobile USA phone to Android 2.2

I'm so excited I can almost barely contain myself... after suffering almost a year of Windows Mobile 6.5 on my HTC HD2, I boldly went where no noob went before... flashed my HTC HD2 aka the LEO HTC "smart phone" and got it to work...

follow the directions in this forum and you'll be fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=939682

Only thing is that the the Android 2.2 ROM is within the MAGLDR113 7z file and I used the HSPL3_PKG 7z to install without the clockworks backup method, so the best thing to do is download all the 7z & rar & zip files and then unzip them to a central folder.

One note though, they didn't mention in this guide about APNs and so specifically for T-Mobile USA the APN should be configured as such:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=523136

Name: Whatever you want to call it
APN: epc.tmobile.com
The rest are blank (not set) until you get to MMSC.
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy & port are
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type:

The pitfall which I had was that

1)Did not configure APN resulting in no EDGE and / or 3G, and
2)to add more issues my damned Microsoft WiFi router doesn't play nice with the Android for wifi, but in general I have been able to connect to any open wifi networks so I knew immediately the router was to be blamed. So I'll do the Donald on the Microsoft Router and get a nice netgear else linksys N router and kick some butt.

Comments

Popular Posts