Huge growth and the push needed to become a full fledged SDeT

Been a while since I've written and felt that it was time to stretch those typing fingers. It is already year 3 for me at Denali and for the most part, it's been a good opportunity. I am given the chance to spread my wings to share my expertise & mentor more junior SDeTs / QAs and also given creative leeway to learn and help evangelize the Robot Framework automation test framework that's Python based. 

I really like Robot Framework because it's easy to learn & pick up. I'm definitely looking forward to publishing a cookbook / quick start guide using this framework.


The current project that I am on is with a large wireless telecommunications company and I get to re-stretch my telecommunications specific experience (prior was at Amdocs, AT&T Lightspeed project FTTx wired telecommunications / SaaS, & the e-Commerce .com site) and so much learned. A lot of T.R. (Technical Report) standards to be had, and getting my hands dirty on automation of everything from Web GUIs to command line automation of IoT via MQTT and SSH / pure Linux command line type tests, and automated testing of a Redshift (AWS) based PostgreSQL database.

Before I sign off, I'd like to share a fun little video on how to set up your Rapsberry Pi 4, for Robot Framework. Hope you find it useful, & I'm always open to feedback as there are always different styles of teaching and learning.


Part 1:
https://www.loom.com/share/2e68acfb47d74ae3af61042b468b084a?sharedAppSource=personal_library

Part 2:
https://www.loom.com/share/0667e32390714e1cb061f574a598951b?sharedAppSource=personal_library

Part 3:
https://www.loom.com/share/24593817eda64892ab383a3ac9ff9d07?sharedAppSource=personal_library

Anyway, stay tuned, I hope to share more information about the potential technical cookbook and related weekly podcast.

Comments

Popular Posts